Systemd is used for services control in Debian Jessie, and, there are some problems with some of the services.
One of thoose problems is: VirtualBox doesn’t restart it’s virtual network adapters after system’s wake-up (from suspension).
When does it happens:
- When you are using VirtualBox version 4.3.8 and lower (didn’t tested this on higher versions)
- When there are a host-only adapter configured in VirtualBox
- You suspended your computer (for example, by closing your laptop), and than woke it up
What are the signs:
- Virtual machine doesn’t respond to ping
- It’s also impossible to connect to a VM via ssh
- If one of VM’s folders mounted by sshfs to a real machine, all porcesses, that used this folder before suspension are freezed badly